Tuesday, February 12, 2008

screening calls

lately i've had numerous mysterious calls on my cell phone. i usually get scared and let my voicemail pick it up, but curiousity is a biotch.

today i had picked up a shift at work, but i got a call this morning informing me that they didn't need me to come in. This made me marginally sad, because I've had a recent string of problems on my car and I was really excited to get my first paycheck to blow it on really important items like a new yoga top, pants, aveda bodywash and other things. Instead, I got to buy new roders, a realignment and some other things i don't remember because i am not good with cars. However, this day off allowed me to go to Ann Arbor and start me new book, Candy, by the fire. It's cool, because the fireplace (or woodburning stove, technically) is right by many windows, so i can look at the fire and feel the warmth, yet still see the snow falling down. And, of course, two kitties sleeping next to the fire.

I do work every day for the rest of the week, so hopefully my hours will continue to increase, and i can blow my second paycheck on all the accessories.

for now, I will leave you with my new favorite icanhascheezburger cat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just came across this one last week and thought of you.

this is bat country!