Tuesday, February 19, 2008

how can...

american idol be on for six hours this week? and how can my mom watch all of it without going bonkers?

anyway.. today has been a good day. for no reason, either. the days that are good for no reason i think are better than the days that are good for reasons. i didn't get out of bed until 9:30am (even though I was in and out from 7:30).. but i woke up refreshed and enjoyed a relaxing morning, a good breakfast and tea. then i got a call from work asking if I'd come in for a few hours. Since I am freaking out about money, i gladly accepted and it went by quickly. Before work, though, i went to Bean & Leaf and had a really good cup of coffee. and a banana.

After work I had lunch then I went over to Julie's house and hung out for a bit and then we went to Rob's yoga class. I know I think that every class is the best class, but i really think this was the best class. I took lots of breaks, but I found "my edge" the whole time, and I am pretty sure I didn't cross that line once. Maybe that's why I felt so good this time. Rob has this really awesome way of making me (and everyone, i think) feel super comfortable and in tune with their bodies and be able to break through that "i have to look really awesome doing yoga" mentality that I can get in (and a lot of people can get in).. making it easier to just do what feels right. and he's hilarious. and he wears tennis shoes in the studio, which makes me happy. it makes me happy because it reminds me that not every rule has to be followed by every person.

then i went to whole foods and got their hot bar for dinner, which was delicious. and now i need a bubble-pipe to complete my level of comfort. i am in my robe with a scarf and knee high, striped socks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this post made me smile. your contentment crossed an ocean

the littlebear project said...

i miss you so much and when i read things like this, it makes it that much harder!