Sunday, January 27, 2008

you know what i love?

free brunch at the inn season. fantastic!

today has been a really good day so far, which is nice since yesterday was completely bogus. i went to Rob's yoga class at 10am, and it was so crowded. it was literally mat to mat and it was a lot of fun. i am not used to classes being that filled. it makes me happy when there are so many yogis in one room, all sharing their energy with me. then i went grocery shopping at whole foods, and got corn bread mix, which i am excited to make vegan-style. they also had really good food in the prepared food section which i got. So I went home, showered and was going to make myself lunch, but instead got an invitation from John to go to Inn Season for brunch! way better. So we hung out for a bit, then I got home in time for my sister to come over and play scrabble with me. I won! I'm not really that competitive, but I did get a Bingo, and i do like winning. I like playing more than I like winning, so either way I would have had a good time.

now i just finished dinner and am heading over to my friend kathy's in a bit. i am looking forward to seeing her house and where she lives. It's always really cool to get to see where people live. it seems like a.. solidification of some sort, like i get to see what she sees when she gets up in the morning and go to bed. Like I will get to know her better. I never like having people over.. I guess it's because I usually feel pressure to be a good hostess, but maybe it's because i am uncomfortable with letting people get glimpses into my real life. this is a fact i am trying to change. i want to be more open with myself to others.. i think it's really the only way i can ever connect with people and make good friends, you know?

anyway, hopefully you all are having a good night and find other interesting things to read about on the internet machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I MUCH prefer to have people sleep over than sleep over somewhere else. When someone's on my turf, I know I can control the situation better and hide what I want. I feel so much more naked when I sleep over at someone else's place. I think it's much more revealing.