Wednesday, January 16, 2008

only one piece of flare.

that was the ending comment by the woman i interviewed with today at family video.
backup.

the other day, i was bored and wanted to walk to the video store and rent some movies. While walking to the store, I was thinking about my financial stress in life and all of this free time I seem to be having. I appreciate free time and relaxing, but I am definitely the type of person who likes her free time in small, frequent doses. Lately I've had large stretches of free time. So I get to the video store and see that in two days they have open interviews for all positions. I recently called the library where I applied to find out that it is taking them awhile to sift through the applications, as they recieved 125 of them. Needless to say I am not banking on becoming a library assisstant any time soon. SO.. i filled out an application and went to the open interview today.

As a note to how Michigan's economy sucks, I got to the interview at noon. it started at 11, and I was the 35th person in line for an interview, and while I was waiting at least 20 people came in. But my interview went really well. The woman got my sense of humor and movie references, she asked me to come back tonight for part 2 of the process.

so being a video store clerk might be in my future.

I also started volunteering at the animal shelter by my house yesterday. It was okay. It's much better in theory. I spent the morning cleaning cat boxes and only marginally playing with the kitties. In my head it was vice versa. But I am going to continue going there about twice a week.

Right now I am oogling the new MacBoook Air, playing scrabble, updating my blog and people watching at a cafe, until it's time for my interview. Multitasker? yes. Bored? probably. Accepting of boredness? maybe. I really want to go ice skating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to go ice skating recently too. I think I might finally be over my trauma. It's great we're on the same wavelength but it sucks that we're an ocean apart