Saturday, May 31, 2008

saturday morning

this morning has been really great so far. nothing extraordinary happened.. but i did get up and go to yoga, which is the best way to start my day. it was Suzanne's class and her voice is so angelic and soothing i couldn't help but feel at peace afterwards. Then I went to the farmer's market and picked up some mushrooms, lettuce and 'hydroponic cucumbers and tomatoes' which means they were grown in water, not dirt and in a greenhouse. organically, of course. i love supporting local farmers. it makes me feel good about myself, like i am taking action on my value system instead of just contemplating my values. same thing about riding my bike.

speaking of my bike-- i just went to Albe's Bike Shop and got reflectors put on so I dont' have to worry about dusk-time driving. for free, i might add. AND the dude was really cute! it was a good visit to the shop!

the other thing that made today so lovely was lunch at Inn Season with julie and my mom. i got the basil-pesto (yes nicky, i got pesto) seitan open face sandwich with grilled eggplant and coleslaw and corn chips.

work later, for now relaxing and watching my mom scratch her instant lottery ticket. cashword multiplier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I got a shout out :)

the littlebear project said...

hydroponics - because its fun!