Wednesday, March 5, 2008

decisions

i am so confused about grad school, still.

british columbia... the school itself is very cheap and i did get an international student scholarship to cover internation fees.. it would only be around 3600/year which is insanely cheap. however, i'd have to consider the cost of living in vancouver is much higher. I think I could hopefully get some more scholarships, and I think I could get a research assistancship, says my potential faculty advisor. He says that most students are on some type of scholarship/funding. Vancouver would be amazing. Beautiful. It's also very far away and it would be a huge transition.

university of Michigan... they are giving me a lot of money, so tuition would be close to free. maybe 2000? Cost of living in ann arbor is fairly high, too, but it seems more affordable because i wouldn't have to spend much money actually moving out there. I know I love ann arbor, and it wouldn't be such a huge transition. However, I feel like grad school is this next level in my life and I don't want to think that i'm just "moving back" to ann arbor.

UIC NEEDS TO GET BACK TO ME.

i wish i knew.

3 comments:

the littlebear project said...

Vancouver is far away, but it isn't that far from San Francisco. Maybe I will move there to be near you

Anonymous said...

I SO want you to get into and go to Chicago and have me be your amazing considerate clean loving hilarious roomie!

Unknown said...

all three are great options. don't think you'd be cheating yourself out of something based on geography. just going to graduate school is transition enough, whether it is a familiar locale or not.

pretty much, any option you pick, you win! It's a win-win-win situation.