Monday, October 27, 2008

it's been awhile

and i realize there is too much to update in one post.

things are okay. i am trying. just trying.
academically i am feeling a bit underwhelmed. I am happy with the amount of work- it's enough to keep me busy but not too much where I am going to go crazy. The quality of the work is what underwhelms me. I'm not convinced I have a place in urban planning. I just don't feel interested in a majority of the work to date. That's not to say it's not interesting or I could become more engaged in later semesters. I'm still going to continue working hard and trying to find my place within this sphere.

socially things are up and down. I am making a pretty big effort to go out and explore the city and make new friends. last week I went to the california clipper with a group-- it's been a bar/lounge since the 30s and has a ghost!

Here is a picture of the bar when it first opened:




Here is a picture of the woman who a psychic identified as the ghost:


Things that I am looking forward to include the following:
1. meghan's visit in december!!
2. getting to see julie's new apartment when i visit for thanksgiving
3. california for christmas!
4. volunteering for redtail farms next season! (i shopped there regularly this season at the market by my house and the farmers are this young, hipster couple and we discussed me helping next season at the market)
5. working on this new song i am writing for piano, maybe even finishing it

1 comment:

the littlebear project said...

i cannot wait to see you! i want to go to that bar! so neat.

i will be writing you an email today or tomorrow!